5.17.2010

Words

I've been thinking about words today. Creating with words. The kinds of words that when they are thrown together in a supremely passionate way the reader or listener (when heard in a song) can't tear themselves away. They relate to them, connect to them, rock out to them, weep to them.


Check this out:

Well I never kept a dollar past sunset
It always burned a hole in my pants
 Keith Richards & Mick Jagger, Happy

For there is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one's own pain weighs as heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes.
Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. Kahlil Gibran 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
Albert Camus

Southern trees bear strange fruit
Blood on the leaves
Blood at the root
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees
Billie Holiday

Every time we say goodbye, I die a little.
Every time we say goodbye, I wonder why a little.
Why the gods above me, who must be in the know,
think so little of me they allow you to go.
When you're near there's such an air of spring about it.
I can hear a lark somewhere begin to sing about it.
There's no love song finer but how strange the change from major to minor,
Every time we say goodbye, every single time we say goodbye.
Cole Porter

...**Sigh**... Don't you just love words. Genius I say.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog - it is so cute and I intend to become a regular reader!

    Thanks!

    if you have time head to http://fiveyearsfromtoday.blogspot.com/ and check mine out! Thanks again and kept it up! Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. These words saved my day. Thank you, a true thank you.

    ReplyDelete